Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Selling Heck

I was walking out of work today when someone handed me a press release for a new book. We don't do stories or interviews on new books (sorry, RLP), so usually such press releases end up in the trash. This one was entitled: Why 99% of the Religious Are Going to Hell.


It's an "explosive" book by Minister Earl M. Wright (he doesn't Google, save yourself the time) who promises to "spare no religious denomination, race or even his fellow servants of God."

I don't plan to get his book, even a promotional copy. I hesitated even mentioning it actually.

I kept thinking, if 99% of the religious are going to Hell, does that mean the other 1 percent is going to end up spending eternity with Minister Earl M. Wright?

I think I want a recount.